Tonight the Young Women in our ward are having a dinner and a cake auction to earn money for girls camp this summer. Since I am one of the leaders, and because I love to bake I decided to make a cake to donate to the cause. Normally I would make a plain old cake and decorate it with homemade frosting, but this time I decided to do something a little different. I didn't have the time to meticulously decorate it, and I didn't want the leftover frosting around to tempt me. I don't normally take a risk by doing something new when it is for someone else, but I'm glad I took the chance. I think it turned out well.

This is a Neapolitan cake. It is a vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate cake. On the top is some powdered sugar, white chocolate, pink white chocolate, and semi-sweet chocolate drizzled on top. I will probably have to try it again someday so I actually get to see what it tastes like. It was fun to make, and pretty easy.
5 comments:
Mmmmmmm....Wish I could come and buy it. ;)
Looks Yummy! How did you keep Justin from wanting some? You are so talented!
Tempting all the way over here. :) Great job!
That looks so good!!!
Turned out great! Too bad you couldn't take a picture of the inside...you don't even know what it looked like in there. Good job!
Post a Comment